Villa Cappello is situated
on a street known as the “the route of love”, since local young people in the
past and many tourists now-a-days, meet here to make their love promises. This
is probably in memory of Bianca Cappello, the beautiful daughter of Bartolomeo
Cappello, who met her lover here secretly.
The villa is adjacent to Villa Pisani, it was erected in the 16th century as a farm home and only during the 17th century it became an elegant villa. In the course of the 19th century it became part of the complex of Villa Pisani, then it was sold.
Guglielmo Marconi lived here from 1894 to 1896,finding the peace and inspiration among the path ways of the labyrinth.
Mussolini (The Duce), stayed here on 13thof June 1934, before meeting Hitler.
The Villa is a private
property and is not open to the public.
Via Nazionale Strà - riva sinistra